We applaud talent, appreciate commitment and share enthusiasm, ambitions and willpower.
We applaud talent, appreciate commitment and, share enthusiasm, ambitions and willpower. Our corporate social responsibility focuses on providing financial and non-financial support for meaningful projects in the following areas:
education & science and research
- DATALAN has initiated Children's Comenius University Online to make online education from interesting lectures and exams available to children from all regions - www.dukonline.sk. This year 250 students successfully completed study, about 67% more than last year, with the highest success rate in the tests reaching a record 98.44%! Juraj Kukura, Director of the Aréna Theatre and Founder & Sponsor of Children’s Comenius University also sees the online university positively, with every child discovering what interests them and what they could focus on in life.
- As a partner, we also sponsor the Scientist of the Year awards to major scientists, technologists and young researchers in Slovakia from all fields of science.
- We are involved in Researchers Night, an event part of the non-traditional Science Festival, presenting the most interesting scientific results and scientists from Slovakia, whose research have led to success even abroad. Deservedly among them is cyberneticist Mária Virčíková, a woman dedicated to the practical use of robots - humanoids. She is a doctoral student at the Department of Artificial Intelligence in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Technical University in Kosice, was named Top Student Personality of 2012-2013, and one of the few people in the world dedicated to social robotics, having lectured on this subject at world conferences in Australia, Korea, Slovenia, Spain, Germany, the United States and several universities in Japan.
sport & young talents
- Falling back on us is the Slovak Paralympic Team. For many years DATALAN has been supporting Slovak Paralympians, backing their successful campaigns in Beijing, Vancouver, London, Sochi and Rio. And we will be keeping our fingers crossed for our athletes at the Paralympic Games to be held in Pyeongchang in two years. As stated by Janko Riapoš, Chairman of the Slovak Paralympic Committee and the most successful participant in the Paralympics in Slovak history, DATALAN has given athletes whose motto both in life and sport is not to give up the background and experience to do their best.
- Adrenaline and ambition to overcome obstacles also joins us with other athletes successfully representing Slovakia. Downhill biker Filip Polc is the total-points winner of the City Downhill World Tour, taking downhill racing to attractive places around the world. DATALAN is a partner in the event that takes place directly at Bratislava Castle.
- Young athletes growing up in Slovakia who now race on Europe’s most successful junior teams can thank our many years of support provided to the Žiar nad Hronom City Sports Bicycle Club. Standing out in particular on the team is David Zverko. He already holds several Slovak championship awards and has even surpassed Peter Sagan in the number of domestic titles! He is only the second Slovak to win a stage at the Trofeo Karlsberg race, and was named "Talent of the Year" in both 2011 and 2012 in the poll of Best Cyclist of the Year.
- DATALAN was also the main partner for the Slovakia National Football Team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, and we were standing there along with Coach Vladimír Weiss when the players overjoyed fans in Slovakia and upset the defending world champions with excellent performances.
health care & social sector
- DATALAN is an investor in integrated neonatology mobile technology, as seen in NEWBORN, a project that allows doctors at the Kosice Children’s Teaching Hospital, managed by top neonatologist Peter Krcho, MD to acquire the precious time needed to save newborn babies and to be able to provide them with better quality treatment.
- We are helping patients, too. DATALAN has developed PharmaGuard, an application for safer drug prescriptions that provides information about medicinal products quickly, transparently and with added value. It draws attention to the undesirable drug interactions, allowing doctors to be more effective in their work and protecting patient health.
- In cooperation with the Children's Cardiac Centre Foundation, we are supporting the creation of a charity calendar featuring works from leading Slovak artists on The HEART, participating with well-known photographer Jana Keketi. Proceeds from the art auction go to help children with congenital heart defects.
- When eastern Slovakia was inundated with floods in 2010, DATALAN took up a collection to help those affected, joining the IT community in People in Peril. DATALAN doubled contributions from our employees and together we contributed €3,000 to project Helping Dry Tears.
- We provide financial support to the disadvantaged and their families in need through our partners Liga za duševné zdravie, Plamienok and Dobrý Anjel.
- Our occupational safety and health management system is OHSAS 18001:2007 certified.
public administration & better services to people
- DATALAN is initiating the idea of open data in public administration and local government, namely transparent access to information for people and businesses and allowing them to effectively work with data from a variety of open sources.
- We are partners in Digital Literacy in Slovakia, being implemented by the Institute for Public Affairs (IVO). The survey maps the population’s readiness to use modern information and communication technologies.
- DATALAN is also a partner in Open Local Government, a rating scale regularly drawn up by Transparency International Slovakia. Under the leadership of Transparency International Slovakia Director Gabriel Šípoš, the project aims to evaluate and inform the public and the media about the quality and openness of communication between local government and the population, while encouraging increased transparency in local government.
culture & non-traditional projects
- DATALAN has participated as a partner in Viva Musica!, a unique music festival offering the best in classical music, jazz and world music. It brings world-calibre stars to Slovakia, and regularly hosts more than 10,000 music fans! Its form and communication with the audience is our biggest innovation on the art scene, particularly due to the exceptional personality of founder Matej Drlička.
- DATALAN has long sponsored the Slovak National Theatre Christmas Concert in Bratislava, with non-traditional arrangements of Christmas carols and performances from Slovakia’s most successful classical music soloists. Concert co-organiser Iveta Malachovská was able to start the tradition of this event, highlighting in particular the spiritual dimension of the most beautiful holidays of the year.
- We pay a lot of attention to reducing our environmental impact. Since 2004, DATALAN’s environmental management system has been certified EN ISO 14001 compliant.
- In the interests of environmental protection we bring responsible solutions to customers that conserve resources while saving time and money, support separation of waste in all company offices and the concept of a "paperless office".